Commissioning Services ($35 inclusive of HST 包稅)
[For use inside Canada only]
Notarization (e.g. apostille) 國際公證/海牙公證 ($240 inclusive of HST & government fee $240包稅及政府收費)
Witnessing signing or certifying true copies as a notary public 見證簽名或認證文件副本給你在外國使用
[For your documents to be used in a foreign country把文件在外國使用]
When you are asked by a foreign authority to provide a copy of your Canadian documents or to sign a formal document, you need a lawyer who is a notary public to notarize for you. Then you can send the notarized copy to the relevant government office of Ontario for further "authentication." Certain countries may further require authenticated documents to be "legalized" by their embassies/consulates in Canada. Our lawyer can explain to you what is needed, help you notarize your documents and assist you if the host country requires further processing by the Ontario government and the foreign embassies.
國際公證是按海牙國際公約而做的,所以亦稱為「海牙公證」。當你要把加拿大的正式文件交到外國政府部門時,他們可能要求你交一份由加拿大國際公證律師公證過的文件,下一步將律師公證過的文件再交到安省"官方文件部"作進一步認證(authentication)或有部份國家更可能要求你將認證過的文件再由該國駐加拿大領事館進行領事認證(legalization),文律師便可協助你處理國際公證事宜。
Please contact us at (289) 452-9765 or charles@cmanlaw.ca or through the booking system below to make an appointment. 請賜電或電郵我們或用下面的預約系統預約。
Signing before a Notary Public? 要在公證人面前簽文件嗎?
Yes, you must sign your documents before a notary public. 是, 你必須在公證人面前簽你的文件。
What documents require notarization and authentication? 哪些文件需要公證和認證?
Find out HERE what documents require notarization and authentication before you may use them in a foreign country.
按此處了解哪些文件需要公證和認證才能在國外使用。
Please check carefully this website to see if your "document" is eligible for notarization and authentication. 請小心查閱這網頁, 以確定你的文件合適做國際公證。
Example 1: if you want to provide your Canadian address proof, a Canadian bank statement would better serve your purpose than a utility bill could because utility bill is not eligible for notarization. 例如你想對外國機關出示你的加拿大的地址證明, 一張加拿大的銀行月結單比起水電費單更為適合, 因為水電費單是不可作公證的。
Example 2: If you'd like to prove your foreign worker status or foreign student status, please simply provide your work permit or study permit rather than any other letters provided by IRCC. 又例如你想證明你的外國工作身份或外國學生身份, 只須提供你的工簽或學簽的正本(俗稱"金紙")便可。
Please bring your original documents to the notary public. Even if you plan to provide a copy of the original for notarization, a notary public is required to compare the likeness of the original and the copy. 請務必帶同你的文件正本。即使你打算公證文件副本, 公證人亦須要比較正本和副本的相似度。
What to bring to our notary public? 要帶什麼去做海牙國際公證?
The ORIGINAL document that you want to notarize 你想要公證的文件正本
TWO government-issued photo IDs (e.g. driver licence, passport, PR card - see examples) 兩個有照片的政府簽發的身份證明證件
Steps of notarization of Canadian documents 加拿大文件公證步驟
Step 1: Notarize a document by a Canadian notary public. 由加拿大公證人對文件進行公證。
Step 2: Authenticate the notarized document by Ontario's Official Documents Services (ODS) if you're in Ontario. (A certificate of authentication or apostille will be affixed to the document) 如果您在安省,請透過安省的"官方文件服務部"對文件進行認證。(認證證書或海牙認證證書(亦稱"附加證明書")將加附在文件上)
Step 3: (Depending on which country you will use your documents) Legalize the notarized and authenticated document by the country's embassy or consulate in Canada. (取決於您將使用文件的國家)由該國駐加拿大大使館或領事館對已經過公證和認證的文件再進行領事認證。
*** From January 11, 2024, Canadian documents authenticated by the Global Services Canada or Ontario's ODS no longer require the Chinese embassy's legalization. However, you should always make sure that your documents comply with the requirements of those Chinese authorities which would consider your documents. See HERE.
*** 自2024年1月11日起,經加拿大全球服務部或安省ODS認證的加拿大文件不再需要中國駐加大使館「領事認證」。但是,您應確保您的文件符合考慮接受您文件的中國當局的要求。請參閱此處。
We speak English, Cantonese and Mandarin. 歡迎英語, 粵語及國語
Tel: (289) 452 - 9765 Fax: (289) 452 - 9758 E-mail: charles@cmanlaw.ca